Operations Manager Kensington Community Food Co-op +2 more
- Date Posted January 03, 2019
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Purpose: To manage and direct all sales floor operations, to meet all objectives and goals, ensuring efficient daily store operations, prompt, friendly, knowledgeable customer service, and store security and cleanliness. The purpose of this position is to train to become a GM and to assist in the training of staff to continue to develop staff from within.
Status: Reports to General Manager.
Supervises Front End Manager, Grocery Buyer, Produce Buyer, Grocery, Produce and Front End Staff Members, Maintenance Staff Member.
Responsibilities:PLANNING AND FINANCE
- Participate in development of annual operating, capital and cash budgets for store.
- With General Manager set objectives for department sales, margin, turns and labor costs.
- Monitor deviations from budget, take corrective actions and report to General Manager on actions taken.
- Review weekly sales and labor reports and quarterly budget-to-actual reports to assess performance.
- Review department financial performance reports with managers regularly and help them plan corrective actions as needed in order to ensure they hit their goals.
- Set department productivity goals and routinely monitor sales per labor hour by department and ensure this data is submitted quarterly to Coop Metrics.
- Work with Department Managers to create plans to manage inventory turns by department in an efficient way so as to not have unnecessarily high inventory levels.
- Use labor calculation tool to ensure appropriate labor expense per department. Ensure that all staffing plans can be supported by sales volume before hiring decisions are made.
- Ensure that all sales floor managers are aware of all relevant internal and external trends,
- Ensure consistent product and purchasing guidelines for the organization.
- Plan and implement store layout and product placement for shopping and stocking efficiency.
- Maintain store standards for prompt, friendly, helpful customer service.
- Ensure security of customers, staff, building and inventory.
- Coordinate major department cleaning projects.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts.
- Accompany government inspectors and report to General Manager on actions needed.
- Hire and evaluate department positions, and maintenance staff.
- Approve hiring decisions/staffing plans for sales department managers.
- Ensure all store employees receive adequate orientation, safety training and on-the-job training.
- Ensure all sales floor employees receive timely and meaningful performance evaluations.
- Recommend pay increases to General Manager for positions within store operations.
- Take disciplinary action as needed following established policies.
- Review and and analyze department payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Ensure that store and grounds have systems to maintain the facility in clean, orderly condition, meeting Health Department standards.
- Ensure that store equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Oversee repair and maintenance projects.
- Troubleshoot problems with garbage, recycling, pest control, and other service providers.
Perform other tasks assigned by the General Manager.
-Supervisory experience: hiring, training, evaluating, firing.
-Retail experience—ideally in the natural foods industry.
-Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
-Demonstrated initiative, leadership ability.
- Ability to provide effective leadership for a group especially in facilitating effective group process for planning and implementing team plans and strategies.
-Ability to handle multiple demands.
-Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
-Regular, predictable attendance.
-Willingness to grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
-Willingness to train and develop all levels of business operation.
-Local a plus
-Spanish speaking a plusCompensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $16.00 - $18.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJanuary 30, 2019