Chef Trainer Farming Hope
- Date Posted October 25, 2018
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
We foster community leaders in the food system, through empowering jobs and career training in garden and culinary work.
Our apprentices face major barriers to employment including:
- Experiencing or being at-risk of homelessness
- Formerly incarcerated
- Differently abled
Learn more at farminghope.org & check out our feature in Great Big Story! Job Description We are looking for an essential addition to our kitchen team to lead the kitchen and food production during happy hour, as well as provide support to our apprentices during afternoon prep in our new cafe in the Mission.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about food and cooking, has experience with hands-on culinary training, supports local food business and farms, and believes in giving guests the best food and service experiences possible. Our Chef Trainer’s responsibilities focuses on happy hour food service and executing hands on training for our apprentices as they prep for the following day’s service to ensure the opening team is prepared for success. This includes cleaning throughout the shift and closing down the kitchen.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Food production and maintaining the high standards of the kitchen
- Providing necessary oversight for apprentices to accomplish tasks and develop culinary skills
- Following and writing a prep list that accurately plans for the evening’s service along with properly scheduling prep to ensure accurate food production throughout the week
- Ensuring health and safety standards are exceeded each day
- Cooking, serving food to order.
Active Daily Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Assembling line for happy hour service
- Checking equipment functionality
- Storing produce, dry goods and supplies properly
- Prepping, cooking, and storing food to the highest standards
- Writing prep lists, following recipes, and taking accurate inventory
- Preparing the kitchen for morning team, cleaning work areas, storing food safely, and checking out with the manager before exit