About Just Food
Just Food is a non-profit organization that connects communities and local farms with the resources and support they need to make fresh, locally grown food accessible to all New Yorkers. Just Food provides regional farmers and food producers, CSA organizers and everyday eaters with the resources and support they need to establish and experience healthy food systems—in every neighborhood.
Since 1995, Just Food has pioneered and championed the proliferation of sustainable food programs, including CSAs, community-run farmers’ markets, and farm-to-food pantry programs. Just Food serves thousands of New Yorkers by forging partnerships between local farms, neighborhood groups, and consumers, and by providing urban communities with a framework for growing, and knowing, healthy food. For more information about Just Food and its programs, visit www.justfood.org.
Reporting to the CSA Program Manager, the Farm Resource Associate will work with the CSA Program Manager and the Farm Network Coordinator to create resources for farmers to support them in their efforts to incorporate risk management strategies in their farm business planning. These resources include a Workplace CSA Toolkit, video tipsheets, and a webinar series. Workplace CSA Toolkit
· Research current best practices for workplace CSAs including insurance requirements, coordination with building facilities managers, consistency with existing workplace policies, etc.
· Develop, write and edit the content of the Toolkit
· Manage the printing and publication of the Toolkit
· Manage the translation of the Toolkit into Spanish- including working with a translator and editing Video Tipsheets · Develop topics for video tipsheets for the Just Food farming community
· Develop content for the video tipsheets
· Work with a videographer to coordinate the production of the video tipsheets
· Work with a translator to create Spanish captions for the videos Webinars
· Develop topics for educational webinars for farmers
· Schedule and plan webinars
· Create content for webinars
· Facilitate the availability of webinars in Spanish
· Excellent communication, writing, editing, research, and organizational skills
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
· Enthusiasm for agriculture and local, seasonal eating and cooking
· Spanish language proficiency, both written and verbal, required
· Knowledge of NYC CSAs a plus
· Experience with video and/or webinar technology a plus
· Knowledge of InDesign a plus
· Be flexible with a great sense of humor
This is a full-time temporary position.
· November 2012- October 2013
· Primarily Monday-Friday 9-5 but occasional evenings and weekends may be required
• Compensation package is $32,000 including paid vacation and holidays
This position reports to Paula Lukats, CSA Program Manager. Please send a cover letter and resume to paula[at]justfood.org with the subject line “Farm Resource Associate.”
this position is PAID
This position has been filled.Thank you for your interest.