Head Baker Bartlett House +4 more
- Date Posted January 24, 2019
- Location Ghent, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Bartlett House is a destination bakery, kitchen and cafe working with local farms to create dishes that fully embrace the bounty we are surrounded by. Bartlett House stands alone on an acre of land on iconic Route 66. Once surrounded by a cluster of buildings, it was a flourishing hotel from 1870 to the mid-1900s, serving as the social center of the then industrial town of Ghent, New York. A national historic site, Bartlett House has remained quiet for decades--until now. Its communal spirit has been revived through high-quality food and high-quality company. A hub of creativity and companionship, the building now hosts a collaboration of masterminds--chefs, bakers, farmers--all dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences with the best of what the Hudson Valley has to offer.Job Description
We are seeking to expand our team and are looking for a full time Head Baker to join our team in beautiful Ghent, NY. We take great pride in shaping our breads and pastries daily, and are looking for someone who thrives in a team-focused environment, enjoys the challenges of baking and possesses a desire to learn and grow with us.
The Hudson Valley is truly a thriving area drawing chefs, young farmers and entrepreneurs as it continues to spark the curiosities of traditions centered around the bounty of each season. As we continue to grow amidst a thriving farming community, we are looking for folks wanting to fully embrace the flavors of seasonality present here year round, and create a lifestyle for themselves that more firmly connects them to their community. This is a great opportunity for those looking to relocate to the Hudson Valley from time spent in the hustle and bustle of the city restaurant scene.
**OUR SECOND LOCATION: This winter, The Maker Hotel will open bakery cafe within a highly curated, flagship, micro‐hotel in Hudson, NY. The Maker Hotel Lounge is open. The Maker Hotel Cafe will open Winter 2019. We are seeking individuals who are prepared and excited to develop and execute a creative bakery program in the our new cafe which highlights classic and modern breads + pastries and collaborate with our team to build our brand.
Those relocating and working full time are eligible for great work benefits (PTO), and enrolling in our health insurance plan after 90 days of employment.
- Mixing, preparing and baking both bread and pastries daily
- Ordering and Inventory of all products
- Forging relationships with local farms for the best product available
- R&D of new breads and pastries
- Collaborating with a team to create seasonal offerings
- Executing existing Bartlett House recipes
- Working to mix breads based on a weekly production schedule
- Monitoring and Ordering Equipment + Supplies
- Scheduling and Tracking Machine Maintenance
- Collaborating with our Executive Chef to create new products for lunch/brunch and dinner service.
- Collaborate with Pastry Chef to create dessert offerings
- Creating weekly team schedule + goals
- Ensuring all baked goods are completed on time for opening
- Ability to learn and understand bakers measurements and percentages
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adhere to health and safety regulations
- Open Availability
- Desire to learn
- Committed to excellence
Meet Our Executive Chef, Nicole Craft
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline