Chef de Partie Té Company
- Date Posted January 03, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Té Company is a New York based tea company specialized in Taiwanese teas with a tearoom in the West Village. The tearoom serves brewed teas by the pot in addition to a list of composed Taiwanese inspired snacks, including the famous Pineapple Linzer. Founded in 2012 by Elena Liao and Frederico Ribeiro, the company brings exquisite teas and tea snacks to NYC. Té Company values meticulous craftsmanship and hospitable guest experience.Job Description
We are currently seeking a positive hard worker to join our team as a full-time chef de Partie, available to start immediately.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in food and beverage, who is highly motivated and extremely organized. Responsibilities for this position include prepping in our offsite kitchen in the morning and serving the guests during afternoon service at the tearoom. The position will work alongside Chef/owner Frederico.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2 years of culinary experience with a minimum of 1 year working experience in a fast paced, detail-oriented kitchen.
- Culinary school degree or 4-year college degree preferred
- NYC Food handler’s license preferred
- Has firm understanding of culinary techniques and a thorough grasp on health department rules and regulations.
- Dependable and punctual
- Has a sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently without supervision
- Possess strong curiosity for product knowledge
- Takes pride in their work and enjoys being part of a team
- Self-motivated and detail orientated
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Execute recipes independently from start to finish
- Assist with production in the offsite kitchen and deliver product to the tearoom
- Plate and serve during tearoom service
- Prep and clean stations in the kitchen and tearoom
- Operate the POS system effectively
- Develop rapport with regular guests
- Assist in opening and closing steps when necessary
- Attend all mandatory team meetings and tasting sessions
- Ability to work weekends
- Reports to the Chef/Co-owner