Tearoom Specialist Té Company +1 more
- Date Posted January 03, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Té Company is a New York based tea company specialized in Taiwanese teas with a tearoom in the West Village. The tearoom serves brewed teas by the pot in addition to a list of composed Taiwanese inspired snacks, including the famous Pineapple Linzer. Founded in 2012 by Elena Liao and Frederico Ribeiro, the company brings exquisite teas and tea snacks to NYC. Té Company values meticulous craftsmanship and hospitable guest experience.Job Description
We are currently seeking positive hard workers to join our team as either full-time or part-time tearoom specialist, available to start immediately.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in food and beverage, who is highly motivated and extremely organized. Responsibilities for this position include working tearoom service, providing extensive tea knowledge to our guest and performing minor administrative work.
The Tearoom Specialist is one of the key components to the Té guest experience, from making tea recommendations to ensuring all aspects of the tearoom are operating smoothly and efficiently. The position can grow into a GM role for the West Village tearoom.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- At least 1 year of front of house experience and 2 years of work experience in hospitality industry required.
- Fine dining background is preferred
- 4-year college degree desired
- NYC Food handler’s license is a plus
- Prior experience in tea or beverage is a plus but not required
- Possesses a sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently without supervision
- Possess strong curiosity for product knowledge with strong aptitude for learning
- Self-motivated and very detail orientated
- Warm, friendly and have a positive attitude
- Works well in a team
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Brew, serve, and recommend teas to the guests
- Provide a clean, professional, and warm atmosphere
- Perform private tea tasting for guests
- Operate the POS system effectively
- Develop rapport with regular guests
- Pack teas and merchandise the tearoom display and retail shelves to guidelines
- Manage & execute store opening and closing
- Attend all mandatory team meetings and tea tastings
- Assist with offsite events
- Must be able to work weekends
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline