- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Chef Trainer Farming Hope +2 more
- Date Posted December 29, 2018
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
We are a culinary job training program that fosters community leaders in the food system. We offer empowering jobs with career training in gardening and cooking.
- Experiencing or being at-risk of homelessness
- Formerly incarcerated
- Differently abled
Growing and serving food allows our employees to give back to their city. We’re all hungry to give back and belong.
Learn more at farminghope.org & check out our feature in Great Big Story! Job description
We have an incredibly unique opportunity to add an early employee at our new cafe in the Mission - Manny’s (read about us in Eater SF!)
Your job is to lead the kitchen and production for our meal services at Manny’s, as well as provide support to our apprentices as their skills are refined on the job.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about food justice, has experience with hands-on culinary training, supports local food business and farms, and believes in giving guests the best food and service experiences possible.
Manny’s is newly opened, so this position has a lot of potential for a candidate looking for more leadership opportunities. Farming Hope believes we must create a new system in order to move towards equity in food, and our ideal candidate will live this out in their work in our kitchen with our apprentices.
This job is part-time with the potential to grow into full-time as we expand our offerings at Manny’s.
- Food production and maintaining standard protocols in the kitchen
- Providing necessary oversight for apprentices to accomplish tasks and develop culinary skills
- Following and writing a prep list that accurately plans for the day’s service along with properly scheduling prep to keep up with weekly service demands
- Ensuring health and safety standards are exceeded each day
- Cooking and serving food to order.
Active Daily Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Assembling line for meal service
- Checking equipment functionality
- Storing produce, dry goods and supplies properly
- Prepping, cooking, and storing food to the highest standards
- Writing prep lists, following recipes, and taking accurate inventory
- Cleaning work areas, storing food safely