Lead Line Cook Farming Hope +2 more
- Date Posted October 25, 2018
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
We foster community leaders in the food system, through empowering jobs and career training in garden and culinary work.
Our apprentices face major barriers to employment including:
- Experiencing or being at-risk of homelessness
- Formerly incarcerated
- Differently abled
Learn more at farminghope.org & check out our feature in Great Big Story! Job Description
Pay: Based on experience starting at $16/hr
Experience Desired: 5+ years in the food service industry, knife skills and cleaning & sanitation required
Shifts: Full-Time, 37-40 hours per week including opening and prep shifts. Ideally has 1 day of weekend availability.
We are looking for an essential addition to our kitchen team to lead the kitchen and food production, as well as provide support to our apprentices in our new cafe in the Mission.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about food and cooking, supports local food business and farms, and believes in giving guests the best food and service experiences possible. Our lead cook’s responsibilities would focuses on opening and operating the kitchen, cooking, serving food, assisting with production and prep throughout the day, and cleaning while ensuring the evening team is prepared for success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opening and maintaining the high standards of the kitchen
- Following and writing a prep list that accurately plans for the day’s service along with properly scheduling prep to ensure accurate food production throughout the week
- Ensuring health and safety standards are exceeded each day
- Cooking, serving food to order
Active Daily Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Opening the cafe
- Checking equipment functionality
- Storing produce, dry goods and supplies properly
- Prepping, cooking, and storing food to the highest standards
- Writing prep lists, following recipes, and taking accurate inventory
- Preparing the kitchen for evening team, cleaning work areas, storing food safely, and checking out with the manager before exit
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline